Stretches that improve different aspects of your body.
damn that picture turned out to look good omg-
hello there! you may or may not have read my ‘the everything post’. if you don’t know what is it, then i suggest that you should go and check it out bc it will make your life 1000x better. [link]
so i decided to make a workout/diet post. and there might be a part two for that post, fyi.
P.S: THIS POST IS NOT ENCOURAGING TO LOSE WEIGHT OR BE ‘SKINNY’. IT’S FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT OR WORKOUT.
FULL BODY CARDIO WORKOUTS
- Most effective 20 minute cardio workout-Tabata Style
- High intensity Fat burn cardio training
- Full body circuit Boot Camp workout
- Zuzana Light-ZWOD #1
- Fitness-How To Tror workout
- POP Sculpt: Total Body workout
- Sexy Body Exercise Video
- Model workout episode 1
- Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred: Level 1
- Walking cardio shape up
- The thanksgiving BIG BURN workout
- Cardio Groove n’Burn Workout video by ExerciseTV
- Pilates-Exercicios Alongamento
- Bootcamp Calorie burn by ExerciseTV
- Full body workout by eFit
- Cardio Fat blast workout
- Insanity 20 minute workout-fat burner
- Total body workout 30 minutes
- Fitness-suicie sweat workout
- Victoria’s secret model workout
- Food baby HIIT workout (POP cardio)
- Bare Fitness-Girl fight
- POP pilates: New body makeover
- Bikini Blaster 1 HIIT it hard
- 15 minute total body boot camp
- Fat blasting 10 minute workout
- Pump it up
- Quiet Cardio Shhhh! with Coach Nicole & Cassey Ho
- Like Money Apartment Friendly Cardio
- Gangnam Style
- Invade London
- One More Night Cardio Challenge
- Food Baby HIIT
- Fat Melting Routine
- 20/20 Workout for Fat Blasting & Toning
- Pop PLYO: Cray Cray Workout
- Fairytale HIIT
- Summer Sweatfest
- HIIT the Beach
- Cardio Power and Resistace
- Fabulous Flat Abs for Beginners
- Victoria’s Secret Model Ab Workout
- Flatter My Abs
- Good Time Abs Challenge
- Crazy 6 Pack Ab Workout with Six Pack Shortcuts & Blogilates
- Miley Cyrus Ab Workout
- Best Lower Ab Workout Ever
- Intense Ab Workout
- Abtacular Pilates Workout
- Sunkissed Abs Workout
- Killer abs workout
- Tabata workout abs in 4 minutes
- Hardcore ab workout with blogilates
- 6 minutes abs of steel ab workout
- Core Rhythms Full workout
- 25 minutes abs and obliques workout
- The Bikini abs workout
- Reduce Tummy
- Yummy abs workout
- Lose bellyfat
- Fitness-10 minute ab workout
- Amazing abs workout
- Best core workout ever
- HIIT workout for abs and obliques
- INSANE abs in 5 minutes
- POP Pilates: Intense ab workout
- Crazy slim abs
- Stomach exercises to lose belly fat
- 5 minute abs workout
- Flat belly workout
- Standing abs workout routine
- Flat stomach exercises
- Abs of envy workout
- Pumped up sexy abs workout
- FGF Ultimate Upper body workout
- Awesomesauce arms
- Lean, toned and strong arms workout
- Best arm workout, slim arms
- Upper body pulse workout
- Killer sculpted arms workout
- Upper back, arms and chest workout
- 50 caliber arm workout
- Toned triceps challenge
- Sleek and Sexy Arms for Beginners
- Primadonna Pushup Challenge
- Want U Back Arms Challenge
- Upper Body Workout
- Victoria’s Secret Supermodel Stiletto Legs
- Live While We’re Young Inner Thighs
- Lolo Jones Legs ‘n Lunges Challenges
- Beginner Inner Thighs
- Lean Legs
- Drive By Inner Thighs
- Inner Thigh Insanity
- Slimmer Inner Thighs & Runner’s Calves
- Love Your Legs Workout
- Tone It Up Thighs Workout
- How to get skinny looking legs
- Thinner thighs and legs workout
- How to slim and tone those thighs
- Pumped up kicks workout
- Squat challenge
- Tone it up Thighs workout
- Sexy legs workout
- 10 minute Ballerina beauty, long legs, tight booty
- Love your legs workout
- Leg slimming exercises
- Bikini booty Thong workout
- MaliBooty workout
- Hot booty firm up
- POP Pilates: Butt blaster
- Butt and Cleavage workout
- How to get a perfect butt workout tutorial
- 10 minute booty shaking waist workout
- Beach bum workout
- Best butt workout ever
- What make you bootyful butt challenge
- POP Pilates: Beyonce bootylicious Bum butt BadonkadonkBonanza
- Pilates butt burner
- 3 weeks to an awesome butt
- Butt like a Brazilian
- Quick butt workout
- Butt lifting exercises
- Best exercises for buttocks
- Butt Lift Pilates Workout for Beginners
- Pippa’s Butt Workout
- Beyonce Bootylicious Bum Butt Badonkadonk Bonanza
- Butt Blaster (25 min)
- Super Butt Workout
- Victoria’s Secret Bombshell Butt Workout
- lose 12pounds on 1 month
- lose 5 pounds in 5 days
- lose 5kgs in 1 week
- lose 6kgs in 30 days
- lose 10kgs in one week woah
- lose 8kgs in one week
i’m sorry for any repeats-
i don’t know if the losing weight thingy works bc i never tried it so-
HERE ARE THE EXERCISES IN ORDER
1. Alt. Toe Touches
2. Oblique Twists
3. Alt. Elbows to Knees
4. Switch Kicks
5. Oblique Rockers
6. High Knees with Elbows
Careful with the oblique rockers, and take them all slow until some mass is built.
FITNESS YOUTUBE CHANNELS
There are literally thousands of fitness videos on youtube, but how do you find the right ones? Sometimes if you just type in “ab workout”, you can get some…pretty strange results. So, if you’d like some trusty channels to subscribe to for workout videos, nutrition and wellness information, and more, check out the following!
For Fitness and Nutrition Tips:
- 123 Be Healthy
- American Council on Exercise
- Funeral For My Fat
- The Lean Machines
- Lean Secrets
- Michael Kory Fitness
- Nicole M. Wilkins
- Omar Isuf
- PopSugar Fitness
- Precise Nutrition
- SarahFit TV
- Scott Herman Fitness
- Tara Stiles
- Zumba Fitness
- Amanda Russell
- Bootcamp: MC
- eHow Fitness
- Fitness Blender
- Gym Virtual
- Livestrong Woman
- RidgeLine Fitness
- Tone It Up
»These are just my personal favorites. Feel free to add more of your own!
RealFitTV - my all time fav. she does workouts (strength, HIIT, and kickboxing) and has awesome tips.
yoga series for beginners (i)! <:
some of you guys have mentioned that it would be nice if i can include some beginner poses for yoga, and so this yoga guide is for those of you who want to get acquainted with yoga, but not quite sure how. below is a detailed description for each and every pose, and it’s a good series to start with <:
1. downward facing dog
start off in this position, making sure that your hips are pushed towards the ceiling, your heels reaching (or touching) the floor, and your arm pits opening towards the side, squeezing the shoulder blades on your back and letting your heart sink towards the floor. pedal your legs from side to side to ease into the pose.
continue breathing slowly and it is a nice relaxing position. you should feel a nice stretch at your calves. gently close your eyes and stay in this position for about 10 breaths.
2. three legged dog
lift up your right leg, and while doing so, press your left feet towards the ground, grounding your position. make sure that your hips are still leveled, while reaching your right leg as high up as possible.
make sure that equal weight is still distributed on both your right and left hand side. continue stretching upwards and breathe deeply. stay in this position for about 10 breaths.
3. after which, bend your right knee to meet your forehead. a couple things to note:
- tilt forward as you shift your right knee towards your forehead such that your shoulder is directly above your wrists
- hunch your back and engage your core muscles
- make sure that you are at the tips of the left toes
- you can alternate between #2 and #3 a couple of times, holding pose #3 for a few breaths at the last alternation.
from #3, bring your right leg all the way to the front, coming to a forward lunge. make sure that your knee is directly above your ankle, tent your hands such that only your fingerpads are touching the floor, and reach your heart forward.
you can choose to close your eyes and stay in this pose for a few breaths.
5. warrior II
once you are ready, reach your hands towards the sky and come to warrior II pose. a few things to note:
- make sure that your left feet is entirely on the floor, parallel to the back of your mat.
- your right knee should be directly above your right ankle. do not go beyond your right ankle, as that might injure your knee.
- shift your right knee slightly towards the right, such that your knee is not collapsing towards the left side.
- engage your core and power up your quads, and at the same time, keep your arms straight and light.
- stay in this position for around 5 to 10 breaths.
6. exalted warrior
from warrior II, lean back and raise your right arm towards the sky. shift your gaze towards your right hand as well. bend your back but at the same time, do not put all your weight on your left hand. your left hand should still be placed lightly on the back of your left thighs.
you should feel a nice stretch on the right side of your torso. stay in this position for about 5 to 10 breaths. remember to continue to engage your legs and your core muscles.
7. triangle pose
after that, move your torso towards the front, keeping your right knee bent, and make sure that your right arm is in front of your right knee. your right elbow and right knee should touch, forming a nice triangle between your torso, your arm, and your thigh.
open your heart up towards the sky and do not hunch your back, making sure that you form a nice, straight plane. you should feel a stretch along the left side of your torso.
if you feel stable enough, shift your gaze up towards the sky, looking at your left hand. continue to power up your back leg, do not shift your body weight on to your right leg. stay here for 5 to 10 breaths.
8. downward dog
return to your downward facing dog, and repeat the sequence (2 - 7) again on the opposite side.
9. child’s pose
after completing the sequence on the other side, return to child’s pose.
big toes to kiss, place your knees on the edge of your mat, allowing your torso to fall gently in between your thighs. place your forehead on the ground, and your arms gently beside your head.
melt your torso in between your thighs, and you should feel a bit of sensation in your hips. it is a great passive hip opening pose. you can stay there as long as you want.
- always listen to your body. if a certain pose gets too intense for you, back off. when holding on to a pose, always remember to breathe deeply, as that would help you ease into a pose more easily.
- helps to decrease back and shoulder pains
- improves blood circulation
- stretches and strengthens the thighs and calves muscles
- strengthens the back and leg muscles
- opens up the ribs
How I got my splits! (click on photos to make them bigger)
Stretch 1 - Try not to let the front knee come beyond the toes. Having your toes on your back leg curled under will make it slightly easier for beginners.
Stretch 2 - Stand up with your legs apart and just get as low as you can go!
Stretch 3 - Sit back on one leg (so your foot is under your bum) with the other leg straight in front, and bend over your front leg as far as you can.
Stretch 4 - One leg bent in front and the other directly behind. This yoga pose is called One Legged Pigeon
Stretch 5 - Yoga mermaid pose, don’t stress if you can’t do this straight away, it’s a big quad stretcher, don’t force this - it’ll come with time!
Do all stretches on both legs!
- Do these AFTER you are warmed up (I suggest cardio) otherwise you may hurt yourself.
- Practise every day with one day rest and try to hold each pose for at least 30 seconds.
- It took me 1.5 months to get my right split and 2 months to get my left. Everyone is different so you could need more or less time than I did, but be patient!
- LISTEN TO YOUR BODY!! If your muscles are really hurting, light stretching only! Don’t force it!
- Take rests days!! VERY IMPORTANT. Your muscles need rest to repair otherwise you will overstretch and hurt yourself.
I track the tag #beckyfitness, I’d love to see your split progress!!
The last gif is what happens every time I try to make exercise gifs, lol. :P
Anyway, these are common ab exercises that I like,
especially the 3rd one; it’s a killer!
I try to do each move 10-15 times, repeat 3 times.
Jeez, I really need a better camera, aha.
I wanted to do this comparison so you guys could see the changes my body has gone through the last year ✨ Starting at the top left is me in February, at 142lbs when I would jog around the neighborhood or the treadmill for 30min like 3/4 times a week ✨ Top right is me in October, at 146lbs I had been weightlifting for 6mo now & trying to incorporate cleaneating permanently but I would still have my drinks & treats more than occasionally ✨ Bottom left is me in December, at 160lbs when I decided to do the competition & bulked for about a month to build some muscle ✨ Bottom right is me in March, at 137lbs about 2 weeks out from my 1st competition. I had been on a shred plan for 8weeks with my coach @tplack ✨Through his diet plans I was able to see how amazingly important it is to eat properly. The correct amount of protein with a balanced amount of clean carbs for a good source of energy. I’m not gonna lie I had several anxiety binge episodes & it really hard for me to keep a straight head. I was stressed, I was moody & I questioned what I was doing. 😖 But after a couple of weeks at the end of my prep I finally started to enjoy the process, the suffering & the sacrifices because I realized that everything I was doing would be worth it. Yes it is hard, very hard. But that doesnt mean you arent capable of doing it. You just have to put your mind in the right place first, & remind yourself constantly of why youre doing this. When you achieve such a thing you learn & grow, & that is the biggest price after all 🏆 Yes, the good looks comes with it, but the confidence is build from within, from discovering your capabilities. 🙆 You are STRONG 💪 and you can over pass ANY obstacle if you put the EFFORT & your ❤. Stop wishing, whining & complaining & start doing!
Here are a couple tips to stay happy and healthy. Healthy mind, healthy body.
-Drink plenty of water.
-Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
-Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
-Live with the 3 E’s - Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
-Play more games.
-Read more books than you did in 2012
-Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
-Sleep for 8 hours.
-Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
- Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
-Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment
-Don’t over do. Keep your limits.
-Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
-Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
-Dream more while you are awake.
-Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
-Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
-Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
-Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
-No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
-Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
-Smile and laugh more.
-You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
- Call your family often.
-Each day give something good to others.
-Forgive everyone for everything.
-Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
-Try to make at least three people smile each day.
-What other people think of you is none of your business.
-Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your -friends will. Stay in touch.
- Do the right thing!
-Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
-However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
-No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
-The best is yet to come.
-Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.